Saturday, January 26, 2008

Design Inspiration
























































































































As apart of this class assignment, I was asked to find, and reduce my opinion on an element of design that truly inspires me. I found this task to be very challenging. In honesty, my opinion keeps changing. There are so many new and exciting revolutions out  there that currently affect my view on design. I cannot give a solid answer, nor can I pin point the right thing to say for the purpose of this assignment. 

However, I decided to look back to my roots, and give proper credit to my ancestry. 

My grandfather, Robert Short, was an eccentric artist, that I feel, owns this small portion of humble recognition. 

He made his living teaching and studying art, and held a strong will and dedication towards the dignity and passion of the subject at hand. 

What made him different, was his ability to see art in other forms that most would, and could not consider. What most people consider trash (literally), he saw an opportunity for creation. In other words: he gave garbage a secondary use. 

As weird as it sounds, he found beauty in human disregard.
Growing up, it never occurred to me, that he was making an indirect artistic statement.  


No comments:

About Me

My photo
Toronto, Ontario, Canada